Looking Forward For Social Media Influencers SummitWednesday, March 06, 2013
It has been awhile since I attended a summit or a gathering of fellow bloggers and social media practitioners. So when I learned about Social Media Influencers Summit that will be happening in Cebu, I got interested and tought of joining. Was even more hype up when the organizers sent me an invitation to attend the event. This could also be a chance to visit some friends who's in Cebu. (Wooohoo!)
Social Media Influencers Summit will be March 16, 2013 at JCenter Convention Center of JCenterMall at Mandaue City, Cebu. There are around 300 social media influencers and users expected to attend th event.
The summit’s theme is the summation of two words: “Trending” + “Forward”
“Trending” means “the general direction in which something tends to move.” Each individual or company may have separate goals, but the ultimate goal of any “Social Media Influencer” is to create a buzz for its cause to make it appear on the “trending” topics of the social media networks.
“Forward” is being used to depict the innovation/presentation that each social media influencers should do to reach and influence the target audience. Buzz is not created by all. It is practiced by those who had mastered it. And this craft is fast changing with the dynamic preference and attitudes of the social media users.
Aside from the summit there were activities set before and after.
Cebu Bloggers Society Appreciation Night 2013 and Social Media Influencers Summit Launching.
February 15, 2013 (Friday) at 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Gorordo Avenue, Cebu City
Social Media Influencers Summit 2013 JCenter Convention Hall
March 16, 2013 (Saturday)
JCenter Mall, AS Fortuna Avenue
Mobile Trip 2013
March 17-19, 2013
On Selected locations
What Im looking forward on the event?
I am looking forward on hearing our very own CDObloggers President Vic Marion Madriaga, who will be talking about Social Media Success Story for Advocacy. His one reason I want to attend the event because I want to give my support.
Much more than that I am also interested to listen to the speakers since they will be tackling interesting topics on Social Media and its impacts. Here are the speakers and their topics:
- Maria A. Ressa - Social Media Influencers Summit 2013 Keynote Speaker
- Vic Marion Madriaga - Social Media Success Story for Advocacy
- Maria Irene Aserios - Impact of Social Media Influencers in national and Local Politics
- Mary Jane Cabrera - Community Social Media Influencers at Work: The Iloilo Bloggers Experience
- Hannah Almira Amora - Facebook Success Story: How we raised One Million Pesos in Three Months
- Atty. Ethelbert Ouano -Minding Social Media Rights and Responsibilities
- Janette Toral - Am I a Social Media Influencer
- Fitz Gerard Villafuerte - Maximizing the use of Social Media for your Business
- Lisa Marie Mirasol - Social Media for advocacy Success Story: One for Iliganof Iligan Bloggers Society
With this line up of speakers I would surely looking forward to go home with lots of inspiring stories on being a social media influencer and also how to be an effective social media influencer.
I cant wait for March 16, 2013!
Social Media Influencers Summit is sponsored by Megaworld Corporation, Smart Telecommuniction, J Centre, Blue Water Resorts, Pinoy Great Deals, Click Photo Club, Bluewater Maribago. With Partner Organizations; iNewMedia Online Network, Cebu Bloggers Society, Cebu Blog Camp, Ilo-Ilo Bloggers, Google Business Group Cebu.